Next WTC 2021
This is a great loss to all of us in the Tribology field.
Nominations for the 2019 Tribology Gold Medal are still open until the 29th of February 2020.
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, has announced that the winner of the 2018 Gold Medal...
ITC’s 24th In-session Meeting (to be held in Lyon-France on Sunday, 1st September 2019) nearly marks...
Tribology conferences and Meetings
Videos about Tribology
Global impact of tribology
- 20% of world total energy consumption goes to overcome friciton
- 18-40% of that can be saved by applying new technology, and that would corresond to 8.7% of global energy use and 1.4% of the global GNB
- the biggest potential savings are in transportation and energy industry
- 30% of the fuel consumption in an average passenger car goes to overcome fricition
- 40% of the energy used in mineral mining is used for overcoming friction; friction and wear results in 970 million tonnes CO2 emissions in mineral mining annually corresponding to 2.7% of total world CO2 emissions
- CO2 emissions are 4.5 times higher for an ICE passenger car compared to a similar battery electric car when electricity comes from renewable energy
- Moving from fossil to renewable energy sources would cut down the energy losses due to friciton in energy production by more than 60%